Monday, February 11, 2008

Val Day and another snowstorm

Well this weekend I went to Val Day in Kalamazzo Michigan. It was a fun event, but the long car ride was not my idea of fun. I went with Jamie from to help him to vend their. Not sure if I was much help, but I did sell a few of his feastware mugs. I was able to do a little shopping and picked up some clearance yarn and wool/rayon/silk roving from ursula's, sorry no pics.

Coming home we had the fun of driving through a snow storm, but it ended at about the michigan state line, then it was just windy and coollllddddd.

I took today off to make sure I could recover if I needed too. I slept in a little, but I don't feel horrible for spending 24 hours in a vehicle in less than 72 hours.

I did get a good start on my next pair of socks, the pattern is Sydney, it is an advanced pattern and to make it more complicated, I am knitting 2 at a time on one circular, so I have completed the toes and 2 1/2 repeats of the chart. Can't wait to see it done. Sorry no pics yet again.

Today the mailman brought me a package from my Ravelry Mitten Exchange partner. It had a great pair of mittens and an extra skein of yarn and a needle gauge with a ruler. And just in time for another snowstorm with below zero weather.