Sunday, August 3, 2008

Puppy Playdate and Thrift Store Finds!

Introducing Penny. Meghan's puppy. She is a Brittany Spaniel. And just a wiggle worm and bundle of energy. This is her playing with a goose toy that I brought. She just fell in love with it, so I had to make sure she got to keep it. So despite the fact that it is a squeaky toy, I left it there for her....every puppy needs a squeaky toy. ;0)




Here is the monster himself. He loves to be able to run in the space and go 'hunting'



Dog Versus Toad. Guess who won, the toad obviously. Ladie just followed him around, but Penny decided to lick him. She got a little sick, so probably will not do that again.


Ladie and Penny did pretty well together until later in the day. For most of the day Ladie was able to 'ignore' the little wiggly thing, but she was trying to play with him later in the day and I think Penny missed the growling warning. So the day ended a little unhappily, but no one was seriously injured.

Meghan and I went to the local thrift store. And look what I found! A 1948 Singer. It needs to be serviced and some of the wires fixed. But it works! I can't wait to hear what the sewing machine people say about it. I paid less than $34 for it!!!! I looked at these on ebay and most are going for about $200, not that I plan on selling it, it will be my backup sewing machine in case my bernina goes on the blitz.



Also found this cool sleeve ironing board. This is what it looked like when I bought it. See how dirty and stained the fabric is?



This is how I fixed it. I took off the fabric and batting and replaced it with new clean cotton batting and cotton fabric. I think I did a pretty good job on it.

And it comes pretty much completly apart. Way cool for storage.


I did do some knitting yesterday and Meghan cast on her first pair of SOCKS!!!!!! Who hoo!!!


1 comment:

caillie said...

That was a pretty good couple of finds!! Great job on the sewing machine!! The ironing board looks almost brand new. I loved the puppy photos since Megs can't post any.