Monday, November 24, 2008

New Bags....

I had a request from a lady on Ravelry to make some gift box sized bags. She is giving some hand knit items and wanted to package them in a unique way and have it be a way for the receiver to store them in the off season. I think its a great idea and these are what I came up with.


This bag won't stand up like this when filled, but I thought it provided a good picture of the width.



They are interfaced and have a zipper in the top with a handle to be able to grab it off the shelf.

The larger size is 4 1/2 x 8 1/2 x 15, the black/sepia tone bag.


This is a picture of the smaller bag posed on top of the gift box it is based on. It measures 7 1/4 x 4 x 11.



They are lined with cotton fabric. This photo actually shows one of my sweaters in it. The sweater isn't handknit if you are wondering....thats on my to do list.
Let me know what you thing of the idea!


3 comments:

enithhernandez said...

I love the Mary Engelbreit fabric! your bags are so beautiful... :)

Avlor said...

The new bags are very cute! An alternate option for having a zipper on the short side (not an end) might make the bag easier to carry things like games or other flat things. Just a thought.

Nicki Parker said...

I LOVE THIS!! You are so clever.....maybe you could do a tutorial? or a pattern?