Sunday, December 21, 2008

Happy Winter Solstice

According to Wikipedia....

'.....The seasonal significance of the winter solstice is in the reversal of the gradually lengthening nights and shortening days. How cultures interpret this is varied, since it is sometimes said to astronomically mark either the beginning or middle of a hemisphere's winter. Winter is a subjective term, so there is no scientifically established beginning or middle of winter but the winter solstice itself is clearly calculated to within a second. Though the winter solstice lasts an instant, the term is also colloquially used to refer to the full 24-hour period of the day on which it occurs.'

So that means that after today, the days will begin to be longer and the nights will get shorter again, so more sunshine!!!!!! Gotta love that.

So on to some sad news, last week the Guy called to tell me that He won't be home for Christmas. I was pretty disappointed and He knew I would be. But I do understand why He can't come home....work stuff sucks. He did tell me that He would be home for New Years.....and He better be.

On to Christmas things, I have the gifts for Helen and the Girls done....I can't wait to hear what they think of them. I will post pictures after they have all been given. I have most of my stocking stuffers done, but I need to count them and maybe go to the dollar store and menards. I really hate trying to figure out what to get for the mens stocking stuffers or men in general. What I did for the Guy is ready too....of course pictures later.

So I have no pictures for today....sorry, I could have taken some earlier, but my energy level fadded after about 1. Luckily I only have to work 2 days (Mon and Tues) and then I am off!!!! I don't have to go back to work until the next Tuesday!!!! No real plans other than relaxing and celebrating. I do have a Drs appointment next Monday with my new Dr as my old one just up and left.....I hate getting to know new Drs, but I do think my medications need to be increased some more.

I hope to post again this week....but if I don't get back....Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays!!!

No comments: