Monday, January 19, 2009

Be Hopeful

I got this cool calendar....for free even...from a local nursing home.....

Each month it has a nice quote and statement about being....

This month is Be Hopeful.

Hope is not wishful thinking. Or denial.
Or a desperate request spoken
into the winds of uncertainty.

Hope is trust.
And the joyful expectation
that something good
will happen in the future.

The quote is...

Turn your face to the sun and the shadows fall behind you. ~Maori proverb


Thank you all for the well wishes. I talked with Grandma last night and she is still herself, my aunt said she is doing well, a little weaker but overall doing ok. She also shared that if her eyes are closed, you shouldn't assume she's sleeping because she is often still listening.

All my family members are telling Grandma all my secrets....when we were there Dad told her about my guy (I think she was teasing me about him a little)and then my sister-in-law told her about my online business; I wasn't holding those things back from her, but in the time I didn't think they were things that we needed to talk about.

My guy is in Texas working right now, he is slotted to get sent back to Lousianna as soon as they have jobs to do, but apparently they haven't been quite as busy as they were before Christmas. He will likely be gone until the weather up here is nice enough for construction projects start again, so at least until the middle-end of March.

I have been knitting and designing a pair of fingerless gloves. I hope to put the pattern on here or ravelry or somewhere, well see how well they turn out.

No comments: