Tuesday, January 6, 2009

The year that was 2008...

Found this on In A Nutshell, Anachronism 2008 in review

Thought I would participate too. I changed a few of the questions that didn't fit. Join in if you want too and let me know if you do, I'd love to read your year in review.

1. What did you do in 2008 that you’d never done before?

Drove to Omaha by myself and didn't get lost. Bought a serger, learned to use it a little.

2. Did you keep your new year’s resolutions, and will you make more for next year?

I don't remember my new years resolutions for last year....were they the resolutions that lead to the formation of girls nights?

This year I don't have any specific resolutions other than the typical:
  • loose weight (already started on Weight Watchers and bought a scale yesterday)
  • get more organized (started a little)
  • downsize the 'stuff'


3. Did anyone close to you give birth?

Several co workers did, and a nephew had a little boy (Sebastian)


4. Did anyone close to you die?

Not that I can think of...

5. What countries did you visit?

Is Nebraska another country???? probably not....

6. What would you like to have in 2009 that you lacked in 2008?

I would like to live with my Guy. Further our relationship. I would like to have a 'sewing/craft room'.

7. What dates from 2008 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?

Memorial Day Weekend, May 25 First date with my Guy. November 4, Barack Obama elected.

8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?

Fell in love.

9. What was your biggest failure?

Not sure

10. Did you suffer illness or injury?

Nothing major, a headcold. My depression has waxed and waned and come back full strength this winter and am working with a new MD to get the meds right again.

11. What was the best thing you bought?

Can't think of a 'best thing'

12. Whose behavior merited celebration?

Mine? Just kidding....my brothers has

13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?

My mothers and I didn't even see her or hear from her all year....oh that is actually the behavior that offends me.

14. Where did most of your money go?

Rent, credit card payments, car payments, student loans, and craft supplies (naturally).

15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?

I always get excited about seeing my Guy....and his puppy who is darling

16. What song will always remind you of 2008?

Jace Everett....Bad Things

17. Compared to this time last year, are you:

a) happier or sadder? Both
b) thinner or fatter? Fatter, unfortunately.
c) richer or poorer? Same

18. What do you wish you’d done more of?

Cooking, saving, sewing, creating sewing/knitting patterns

19. What do you wish you’d done less of?

Worrying, spending, hating, eating, complaining.

20. How did you spend Christmas?

Christmas Eve Supper, Christmas Eve Service, Christmas Day Dinner, Christmas Day Supper, opened gifts. Missed my Guy.

21. Did you fall in love in 2008?

YES!

22. What was your favorite TV program?I have to choose one?

True Blood and CSI and NCIS

23. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year?

No one to think of

24. What was the best book you read?

Dead until Dark and the whole darn series. I've read them all now except From Dead to Worse. I bought a few and plan to buy the whole series so I can read it again.

25. What was your greatest musical discovery?

I'm not really music fan.

26. What did you want and get?

A Serger, A cricut

27. What did you want and not get?

A Wii and Wii Fit.

28. What was your favorite film of this year?

Not sure if it came out this year, but it was the first time I saw it... Ps, I love you...

29. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?

34 and I went to work, nothing special at all.

30. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?

I think it was a pretty good year.

31. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2008?

What is a personal fashion concept?

32. What kept you sane?

Ladie, Chad and Knitting/Crafting. Oh and the meds.

33. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?Fancy romantically? Or just fancy in the sense of whose work I enjoyed?

None

34. What political issue stirred you the most?

The abortion ban that they keep trying to pass here, give it a rest, we've said no already. Then theres Gay rights & Gay marriage. The economy.

35. Who was the best new person you met?

My Guy

36. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2008.

Don’t take your life or the people in it for granted. You never know when things will change. Write things down and put them where they belong.

No comments: